Friday, June 21, 2013

catch 22

I've heard it said that, for a writer and director, the most perfect film is in his head; the completed product is never as good as he imagined.  Too bad I can't make you pay to see my imagination.

After a total of 22 hours, spanning four days, the editor and I have finished a first cut.  During those 22 hours, I've had to analyze, question, defend my choices in shot selection, writing, direction, lighting, use of lens.  It hasn't been easy, to say the least.  But I have learned a lot.  

I have two choices from here on:  dwell on my mistakes and give up, or learn from them and improve.  I choose the latter.  

I'm guessing that's a sign that I really do love this thing called filmmaking.  

Just out of curiosity, how much would you pay to see my imagination?


No comments:

Post a Comment